14 August 2006

It's all happening...

Well, I called about my citizenship interview and I thought it would be in a month or so but I was wrong. I called last Monday and the woman asked if I wanted to do the interview on the Wednesday. I said I had a previous appointment so what was next available time and she said anytime after that. So I said how about Tuesday the 15th August and she said no problem. I am scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9:30 and as far as we can tell this is really a formality in which, as I stated below, I need to recite the rights and responsibilities of being an Australian citizen and as long as I understand those then all I have to do next is attend a swearing in ceremony.

On another note they have put my dad in ICU which does not surprise me. I find it fascinating that just when I start something in my life on this side of the world, something else happens around on the other side that could have implications for what I am planning. Oh well time will tell...

No comments: