20 April 2012

My how time flies...

...when you're not having fun. As usual I have let too much time pass since posting here. Actually it hasn't been that long but compared to others who post daily then it has been awhile. Since arriving back from my visit to the states to visit my mother I have been fast at work with my duties back here in the land down under and barely had time to think much less tend to or read other blogs. So with all of my rushing around I have had little time for fun.

Anyway, an exciting event is about to occur in my home town of Sydney. What may you ask is that event? I am happy to announce that the "Shirt of Shirts" arrived here in Australia and soon, meaning tomorrow, I plan to take the shirt on a tour of Sydney. Now for those of you who don't know what the "Shirt of Shirts" is, it is a project started by this kind and and gentle man who I might add who has a way with words over at his blog Spo-Reflections. This man is very talented so much so that not only does he have a way with words but he also yields a mean needle and thread. "Spo" as he goes by in the blogger word makes shirts. Now these shirts by many standards most would be considered a type of Hawaiian shirt. Well, one of these shirts was destined to become the "Shirt of Shirts", so called as the fabric to make the shirt contains the pattern of a multitude of colourful shirts. This shirt, as I said, has made it's way around the world and with every stop Spo has generously offered to make a donation to the charity of choice that the wearer chooses. I thought it was such a wonderful idea I just had to be very much be a part of this project.

So, with that said I will proudly wear the shirt and will take pictures of the sites the shirt gets to visit. As I said, I am very excited to be able to take part of this shirt's epoch journey around the world. As it stands the shirt has been to many locales within the United Staes but it has also visited places like Spain, France. Great Britain and Canada. Anyway. I just wanted to share this bit of news and I will in inert post pictures to share with you the photos that are taken during the shirts vista here in Australia.

No comments: