2 September 2006

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

We have lived in our new home for over a year and a half now and we have been slowly adding bits and pieces of furniture and artwork to make it truly "our" home. So, I thought I would share with you our three newest acquisitions. All of this artwork is by local Tasmanian artists. I'm sure some of you will like our choices and others will say "What were they thinking". I say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We like them and that's all that counts.

First up one we like to call "The spirit of Max" because we bought it the weekend before we had to put Max to sleep and of course we did not know we were going to loose him. We now feel that there was a reason that we bought the painting besides the fact that we like it...



Next up is a painting that James found and fell in love with. After seeing it I agreed and it now sits on the wall in our lounge room. My photo doesn't really do it justice but you get the idea...



And last but not least we also picked this small one up to compliment the one James liked. I picked this one out and I would love to get something else by this artist. I can't explain what it is that I like about this artist's style, I just like it...



Well, that's the end of the art show. I just thought I would share and I hope you enjoyed the paintings as much as we do. And if not well as I said we like them and we paid for them end of story. Later......

No comments: