11 December 2007

Elton John...

Well we went to see Elton John (or EJ as we call him being close personal friends and all, NOT) and let me tell you I was not sure what I was going to see when I found out it was going to be just Elton and his piano. No backup band, no fancy pyrotechnics, no dancing boys (it is Elton after all), no anything, just the man and his piano. He was absolutely, undeniably, everything and more.

The man came out and played for two and a half hours with no breaks except for a little audience interaction and a swig of water every now and then and by golly he played some damn good music. He played them all from Your Song, Bennie and the Jets, Candle in the Wind, Philadelphia Freedom, Electricity (from Billy Elliot the Musical which he wrote all the music), to Daniel and so many more. All I can say is we had the best night I've had in a long time.

Elton, oh sorry EJ, was one of those performs that for some reason I just never got to see, and I don't know why. I mean in me era of going to concerts which was when I was young (and for you younger reader believe me that was along time ago) I saw all the biggies (well biggies of the time). I'm talking The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Yes, Led Zeplin, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Joni Mitchell, Bruce Springsten, Jethro Tull, Heart, Crosby Stills and Nash, Paul McCartney and Wings and so on and so on etc, etc., etc. You get the message. I went to a lot of concerts. Ah those were the days, good times, good times. Anyway back to my point, I just never got around to seeing EJ. Well I finally did and as I said I could not be any happier to have seen the man at his best. You know your good when you are brave enough to get up in front of 15,000 people and just hope you don't make a mistake because there is nothing there to cover it up I'm pleased to say there were no mistakes. The only mistake would have been if I had not gone.

Here is one of the pictures I have which I had to take with my mobile as my big camera was not allowed into the show and even though we were only 6 rows from the stage the quality is not that good. I have a few more and will try to put them up on Flickr but until then Enjoy...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate to attend an Elton John--excuse me, an EJ concert--here in Chicago a while back. He is an amazing performer and a very talented man. I'm glad you were able to attend.

Ur-spo said...

i wasn't aware he still toured
but he doesn't beat the kransky sisters.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.