1 May 2008

Twice in one day...

Well your getting two post today. I've just uploaded the newest pictures I've taken. The pictures are from a trip down to Port Arthur with a friend. For those of you who don't know anything about Port Arthur it is a small town and former convict settlement on the Tasman Peninsula, in Tasmania, Australia. Port Arthur is one of Australia's most significant heritage areas and officially Tasmania's top tourist attraction. Known for its harsh conditions, dark history and stark beauty, it is located approximately 60 km south east of the state capital, Hobart. In 1996 it was the scene of the worst mass murder event in Australian history.



The pictures I took this time once again are a learning process with my new camera so bear with the amateur status of the photos. Anyway, you can see all of the pictures here. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

i have never heard of this place, so I was glad for some education.
Australian history sounds incredible; I read Mr. Bryson's book and it inspired me to see this marvelous place some day.

Rick said...

They are quite nice. I love the shots of the old fence and the brick facades. Only thing missing is your smile.