2 July 2008

Snow on the mountain...

Well winter has really and truly arrived here in Tasmania. There is finally a pretty fair amount of snow on the mountain with more to come. I don't think we will see any at the house this time around but we still have a good eight weeks of winter to go and the times before that we got snow at the house it is always in August. So at least if it plans on snowing at the house this winter it will wait until I get back from Sydney after I have my surgery.

Speaking of surgery, this will be the last post I make before the surgery. We fly up tomorrow and I go into hospital on Friday morning at 6:30 am. The surgery is the same day, in the afternoon. I think I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be in hospital until Wednesday barring any complications. I'm still not sure when they will allow me to fly home. I've done a little research on the net and the best case scenario I can see is that they will make me wait for 10 days before I can get on the plane. The worst case scenario is a few weeks. Lets hope for best case scenario!


I'll be staying at James' parents for the days after the let me out of the hospital. I'll just rest and do as the doctor orders. I'm taking the laptop with me so I'll post something after the surgery and the drugs wear off. I won't be able to bring the lap top back with me because after the surgery I'm not supposed to pick up anything more than 5 pounds. Boy is the cat going to be pissed at me when I get back. James will bring the laptop back when he goes up next time to see his mum.


I'm not to worried about the surgery as they did something similar a few years ago but around my neck. This time it is on my lower back. I know there are always risks that's why the make you sign the "If I should die before I wake papers". As I said I'm not worried as we have the best neurosurgeon and because it's all going to happen so fast it will be over before I know it. All I'll remember is the anesthetist telling me to tell him about my morning and I'll say "Well, we got up at 5:0..." and the next thing I'll hear is "Wake up Mr. Gardner. It's all over and you've done very well." Then the anesthesia will wear off and hopefully the morphine will be not far away.

Okay one and all I'm out of here. Mum, John and everyone else we will let you know how it goes as soon as it's over. I leave you with two pictures I took this morning between rain and sleet showers. The mountain sits at the end of our street so I apologise for the electrical lines etc. Enjoy...



8 comments:

A Lewis said...

i love the snow pics! and i wish you nothing but health and healing in the coming weeks.

Ur-spo said...

get well soon and I will send you positive healing vibes.
I hope they get to Australia.

tornwordo said...

It's strange to see snow at this time of year, I always forget Australia has reversed seasons. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

jps246 said...

snow...so strange to see this time of the year!

Hope you have a quick recovery!

Anonymous said...

Rats, I missed wishing you well before you left! I look forward to hearing from you when you're back in Tassie...and seeing more pictures of snow! (It's 41C here in the desert, so I feel my temperature dropping just looking at the photos.)

Anonymous said...

I trust you are well and recuperating fine. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I trust you are well and recuperating fine. Best wishes.

Rick said...

Hang in there. You seem to have such a positive attitude which I admire. I hope you're doing well.