17 August 2009

More signs of Spring...

Well after that gloomy post I thought I would share some of the other flowers that are currently blooming in our garden. Every year I know that Spring is on it's way when or camellia bush and our rhododendron start to bloom. The camellia bush has been here for over 30+ years and maybe even 50+. The rhododendron is also very old. You can see in the pictures how tall thecamellia bush is as it is as tall as our house. The rhododendron is not as large but that is merely do some pruning done a year or so ago. You can also see that the camellia bush has both pink and white flowers. We're not sure what colour the bush started out as but because of the pibk flowers we occasionally get pink stripes in the white blooms.

All is well here and I have seen the local doctor. He has suggested that it would be better if I schedule the surgeries to occur in Sydney as it will be some time before I can get in to see the neurosurgeon here at home. I'll write to my doctor in Sydney today so he can hopefully get the process started in there and then I just have to wait until a spot opens up. I may have posted pjotos of these bushes before but it never hurts to see them again. Anyway, I hope the flower photos brighten your day as much as they do mine. Enjoy....








3 comments:

Larry Ohio said...

Hi TJ. Spring is my favorite time of the year. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

This is a little off topic... ok a lot off topic... but is there any chance you are a geologist or have any interest in geology or astrogeology? I know you are in Tasmania, and I don't know the first thing about Tasmania so I revved up Google Earth to take a look. I'm so ignorant, I didn't even realize Tasmania was an island!

As I'm looking around Tasmania with Google Earth, I can see plain as day that the area around the town of Strathgordon looks like it is either the caldera of a supervolcano, or the impact site of an ancient meteor strike. I did some internet searches and came up with nothing. I was wondering if you had an interest in this sort of thing and if you might have any knowledge regarding it.

Ur-spo said...

lovely!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous garden, as always. Envious +++. I planted a lot more bulbs this year and they are just starting to sprout. My garden is a winter mess, can't wait to get out in the warmer weather and tidy it up.
So nice to see yours looking as lovely as ever. XXXOOOOO