5 July 2006

Going blind...

Well at least not at the moment. As I mentioned a few post ago I went to the eye surgeon recently to have him look at a growth on my eye lid which turns out to be a cyst and not a bit of skin cancer which is a good thing. While he was having a good look around he also did a check of the pressure on my eyes which turned out to be 25 and it should be around 15. Usually that type of pressure points to possible beginning of glaucoma. I went back today for a re-check and the pressure has gone down to 19 which is much more acceptable. So I won't be going blind any time soon unless I stare at the sun which i had not made any recent plans to do but I could get bored...

Anyway, I don't think I could have handled something like the beginnings of loosing my sight. I know I will turn 50 next year but it just seems that everything is rushing to break down in my body. Maybe it's my imagination. Maybe it's not either way I shall soldier on as I've had worse things thrown at me and I've survived. Besides this time it was just a fluke so some one is watching over me or maybe it's time for a bit of good luck for a change.

No comments: