10 July 2006

Let's talk about sex...

Not really...Just kidding, but I got your attention. Why did I make such an effort to get your attention I'm not so sure as I really don't have much to talk about. It's winter down here in Tassie so everything is a bit bleak and drab looking. Although this is the time of year that both the camellia bush and rhododendron bush in our backyard come into bloom so it's something to look forward to... They have both just started to bloom so it won't be long before our backyard is full of pink and white flowers. I know that isn't very exciting but once again to get a bit of colour in the middle of winter it's bound to bring a smile to your face. I know it does to mine. As soon as both bushes are in full bloom I'll take some pictures.

To be honest winter this year has not been that bad. I have read in the local paper that it has been the coldest winter in 100 years. I don't think it has been as cold as it was last year but maybe we were just acclimating to our first winter down here last year. We have only had a few days with snow on the mountain but it was the first week in August last year that we had snow at the house. So who knows it may still happen and if it does I will welcome it.

As I said there's not much to talk about and I'm sure your thrilled with my rabbitting on about winter down here. We moved here to get away from the fast pace of Sydney and that's exactly what we got. As soon as the weather starts to warm up and the plants start to green back up we have plans to start exploring the north and northwest of the island which is supposed to hold some great treasures.

Ok, I'm going to put myself out of misery and also let you out of this mundane post (if you haven't stopped reading before now) and maybe next time I can come up with some thing new. Maybe I'll talk about sex next time. Hmm????

No comments: