17 April 2007

It's finally come to this...

We moved into this house just a little over two and a half years ago. We have not changed much but we have done a few things. One of the things that has needed changing was the oven. Now what we have would make most people happy it was a SMEG fan-forced oven. Now SMEG is a pretty nice brand and I expected great things. I was looking forward to getting back into my cooking/baking bow that I had a real kitchen again. The one we had in Sydney held one person if that and the oven didn't work.

Anyway, I had never had a fan-forced oven before and figured it would take a little time getting used too it. Well let's just say until this day I still have not gotten used to it. It BURNS every thing. I have tried cooking things for shorter periods of time and when I mean shorter I'm talking instead of one hour I only had to cook things for 30 minutes. I tried lowering the temperature now most things cook st 350F or here its' 175C I would have to turn the temperature down to 140C. I don't even know what that is in Fahrenheit but it sure isn't 350F.

I finally said enough is enough and we went out last week and bought a new stove. I figured while we were at it we would get a matching cook top. There wasn't anything wrong with the old one except it was old. So as boring as my life gets here is a picture of the two new items. They are going to install them next Monday and there will be cheesecake to be eaten by Tuesday!





Oh and they are by a company called AEG/Electrolux.

1 comment:

Julius said...

Hi TJ,

I ran into your blog trying to find user comments on the AEG stove/oven. My partner and I will be moving in to a new condo with this type of oven, and I'm wondering if you're happy with it.

You run a great blog!

Thanks.

Julius
http://occasionalbaker.blogspot.com