24 August 2007

When you got nothing else...

...do a meme. So, for your reading enjoyment here is five for Friday, as it is Friday here in the land down under. Enjoy...

1. What are your favorite kinds of flowers?


That's a tough one because we have so many to choose from in our garden but at the end of the day I have to say roses.


2. Do you have any cut flowers in your home or office right now? What kinds?


Yes, we have flowers from our garden in the house right now. We have two different types of jonquils (what I call baby daffodils), yellow ones and double-headed white ones. The scent they bring to house is amazing for such a small flower.


3. Are you growing/planting any live flowers inside or outside your home? What kinds and where?


We have a small established and well laid out garden with four different beds in the back and three in the front. We have three different climbing rose bushes and nineteen additional standard rose bushes throughout the beds. Along with the jonquils we also have full size daffodils, dahlias, tulips, bearded irises, carnations, hyacinths, foxgloves, peony's and lavender. We also have a huge rhododendron (it looks just like the one in the top picture of the link) and a camellia bush, each of which is over 80 years old. (Remember our house is over 115 years old) We have a few other kinds of flowers but I can't remember their names. They all bloom at different times so starting about now I can have different cut flowers in my house almost every week.


4. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?


Roses I associate with my mum because they are her favourites.


5. When was the last time you were given flowers as a gift?


About two months ago, because we were in the beginning of winter and nothing was blooming in the garden, James bought me some for no reason which he does on occasion and it is such a nice surprise because as I said it is for no other reason than he wants to/loves me.

No comments: