26 April 2008

What did I ever do to you???

I was sitting here minding my own business trying to think about what to write when the next thing I know I get and email saying a comment had been left on one of my post by this lovely man. That comment turned out to be a “Tag” for a meme. I’m not sure if filling out this meme is going to be easier or harder than creating a random post either way I’ve been tagged so like a good little soldier, I do what I got to do.

Here are the rules of the meme:


  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

(Note to Bigezbear “I’ll get you my pretty…and your little dog too”)

7 facts about myself, some random and some wired:

  1. I’ve never had a broken bone and the closest I’ve come is a sprained ankle
  2. I had what is described as juvenile epilepsy, but I’ve been seizure free since about the age of 16-17. Apparently the abnormal brain pattern that let doctors know I have/had epilepsy can still be found today however it’s not active. I was told that when I hit puberty the hormones put the epilepsy in check. So what I’m really telling you is I was a late bloomer.
  3. I hate the taste of coffee but love the smell. (I know that’s not very unusual but what the hell it’s true and this meme is about me) PS I love tea
  4. I’m allergic, and will die, to intravenous iodine. You know, the type used for contrasting in certain types of x-rays. Nine times out of ten whenever I’m about to have an x-ray that requires views both with and without contrasting I have to argue with the lab technician who wants to inject me with the iodine because someone has forgotten to note the allergy on my chart. The doctor in charge has to be called and I have to explain; then nine time out of ten I’m told I won’t get the best images due to the lack of the iodine and my response is well that’s okay at least I’ll still be alive. Go figure
  5. I hate snakes so much I can’t even look at them through the glass displays at the zoo. I will even go so much as to change the channel on television if I come upon a show about them.
  6. I didn’t come out until I was 24. (Once again a late bloomer although looking back I have memories of same-sex attractions as far back as age 8)
  7. Last but not least I was not always a cat person, in fact for a very long time I hated cats. I thought they were sneaky and just plain creepy. I used to have dogs for pets growing up. It’s not that I don’t like dogs now; it’s just that I’ve found cats easier to maintain. However, if/when something happens to the current cat in residence it will be time to switch sides
Well that wasn’t so hard, although it also wasn’t that enlightening either. I thought about telling you a few really bizarre things but then thought better of it. As I said they were really bizarre and best kept a secret, if you know what I mean.

Now who shall be tagged? I don’t usually tag people but in the spirit of playfulness and what’s good for me is good for a few well chosen others here goes. Please don’t hate me because I’m beautiful merely do so because you were tagged.

Nathan Exposed
Our View on Superior
Zeitzeuge
The Banal Chew
Spirit of Saint Lewis
Spo-reflections
Esoteric Diversions

Enjoy…

6 comments:

Bigezbear said...

I'm really sorry, but I found my own tag late last night - and it came from a rightwing cop so I just figured I better follow through.

Ur-spo said...

i very much agree with #3
I like the smell of tilled earth too but I won't eat it either.

Now I figured out what 'tag' is; now I have to understand the rules.
I need to put out 7 weird things about me? that won't be hard.

Nathan said...

I'll have to kindly take a pass on this one. I've posted so many random facts memes over the years, I think I've run out of things to share :P

But thanks so much for including me. And I quite enjoyed learning new things about you.

#4 is wild! Wow. I guess you have to stay on your toes in the hospital, huh?

Just curious, but how does a person know they are allergic and will die from intravenous iodine?

jps246 said...

Thanks for the tag, I've gone ahead and posted it!

Wayne said...

Well, thanks to you, I've been tagged by Steve and Warren, (Our View on Superior)and fortunatly, I had already been tagged for one like this, back in March. (they do get around, don't they?)
My answers are here. http://wynedge.blogspot.com/2008/03/ive-been-tagged-again.html

Anonymous said...

Nathan: re your comment: "Just curious, but how does a person know they are allergic and will die from intravenous iodine?"...As a nurse, I can speak from experience...you know what they say, don't try this at home!