12 June 2008

Friday night at the movies...

Well it will be Friday when I post this even though it's still Thursday for most of you so you'll just have to work with me on this one. So I'm going to try and see if i can start a new regular feature which will be "Friday night at the movies..." ("FNATM..."). Now what this will entail is really something very simple; each Friday I will post two or more quotes that have appeared in a movie (not necessarily from the same movie). I will tell you from what movie and which star/character uttered the immortal lines, keeping in mind that theses lines are that said the line. Occasionally I'll leave that information out and see if you know who said what.

So to start off the very first "FNATM..." we will have one with all the information and one without everything you needed to know and you can tell me where the quote is from and who said these great and sometimes scathingly scripted lines. Enjoy...

"Paris is for lovers. Maybe that's why I stayed only thirty-five minutes"

Character: Linus Larrabee Played by: Humphrey Bogat
Movie: Sabrina 1954

This one is for you to guess

"If you look at her carefully, there are so many lines on her face you could drive a train on it"

Character: ??? Played by: ???
Movie: ???

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

dear me
I am very bad at movie quotes
When in doubt, my answer is Casablanca, as all good quotes come from it, no?