12 June 2008

Pride...



A lovely man named Kelly definitely wears his pride on his sleeve. (His Gay Pride that is) Every year Kelly post a picture depicting Gay Pride in some form or fashion and then he asks fellow bloggers to also post the same picture. Once the picture is posted the the blogger just lets Kelly know so he can add a link to a list of the bloggers who are participating. This year Kelly has also asked each participant to write a little something about what makes them proud or maybe they can write about when they can out or even why the feel like they can't come out. So in honour of Gay Pride month and in honour of Kelly here's my reason for being proud.

  • I'm Proud for surviving 22 years being HIV+ (I plan to continue for many more)
  • I'm Proud for the support of my family and friends from the very start and in the future
  • I'm Proud to have known so many good, kind, and sweet people who touched my heart and allowed me to be a small part of their lives before their lives were abruptly ended and taken from this world
  • I'm Proud of a community that so valiantly rallied around all of those friends and loved ones when no one else would
  • I'm Proud to see and know that there is a community that continues to fight for the right to be treated and seen as more than second class citizens and to fight for the right to be treated as equals
  • I'm Proud to have been a part of all of this and more and to know that I will continue to do so in the future.

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

It's that time of the year...there's PRIDE everywhere!

Unknown said...

Happy Pride and thanks...