9 August 2008

Under the weather...

Hello peoples... I usually have an excuse for not putting up any posts, something to the effect that I don't know what to write, I've been really busy etc., but in the end I'm just being lazy. This time it's a combination of all the above with a dose of I've been sick. It seems that I was sideswiped by an evil virus, probably sometime on Tuesday when we were out running errands. You know it's a risk we all take when ever we go out into some common grounds where a variety of people gather such as the mall, department stores, restaurants etc. Sometime and somewhere during our outing someone had the audacity to cough my way, touch me or I touched something they touched and in doing so I picked up whatever it was they were sharing.

On Thursday night (your Wednesday in the states) I was feeling just fine. My other half was going to have his weekly massage and that would mean a late dinner (9:00pm). Anyway, I told him to call me as soon as he was on his way home and I would start dinner. Now at about 6:30 I started to get a headache which is no big deal except I don't usually get headaches. I also felt a bit warm. We took my temperature and it was not very high (37.5 = 99.5) but maybe high enough for me to notice. My husband told me to keep an eye on it while he was gone. He left at 7:15 for a 7:30 massage. By 8:15 I could hardly stand up because the pain in my head was so bad. My fever had risen to uncomfortable levels 38.8 (102) The headache became like someone was stabbing me in the head with and ice pick I was otherwise fine, no vomiting, diarrhoea or any of that bad stuff

It was off to bed for me with lots of water and panadol (Tylenol in the states). I slept restless all night due to the fever and the pain. I stayed in bed all the next day Friday (your Thursday) and then as qucikly as it came it left. The fever broke around 5:00 pm and the head stabbing abated. So here I sit typing this early on Saturday morning. My temperature is normal but I still have this residual pain in my head in so that if I move my head up and down to fast I get one quick short jab of pain so I tend not to move like that if I can help it. James says it probably a little left over from the virus and also a little dehydration from the fever. Needless to say I sort of actually had an excuse for not writing this time but it was hardly worth it. I guess I'll live

No comments: