27 June 2009

Facebook and Twitter...

Well, it seems that everyone is playing on either Facebook and/or Twitter and now that includes me. My niece contacted me a week or so ago wanting to share some family pictures with me but she had them on Facebook and I wasn't a member of Facebook. So to see the pictures, I had to join. I actually re-joined as I canceled my previous account as I was not getting a whole lot out of the program. However this time, after I re-joined, I come to find almost my entire family is using Facebook. So it now seems to be the way to keep up with one another with the odd email.

As for Twitter, I joined it today mostly to see what I could do with it. One of the great things is I can update the feed from my mobile, something I can't do from Facebook. I know Facebook offers the option but just not for those of us living in Australia. Anyway, I've only made three post but will make many more as the days come and go. I can see why people can become addicted to Twitter. It's very instant gratification.

You will find link to both my Facebook account and my Twitter account in the column to you right if you're interested. We will see how far this goes and I'll let you know. Until then take care and enjoy...

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I hope you will continue to write, here.

I prefer blog entries to short blips on Facebook.

Larry Ohio said...

Agree with Ur-spo.

Bigg said...

I love the blog too - but it's sorta fun saying good night to you on Facebook when I'm getting up in the morning.

Stephen Chapman said...

I will admit to not "getting" Twitter at all. I cant understand why anyone would want to know what friends/colleagues/etc are doing and thinking throughtout the day! I read a good quote the other day that hasn't helped me to look into Twitter further:

"Twitter makes mundane people look even more dull".

Make of it what you will.