9 June 2009

Very interesting...

I wrote a post that asked readers to submit questions that they would like answers to in reference to my life. I called it "What's up Wednesday". The first Wednesday I got three question from two readers. The next week I got nothing. Then shortly after I wrote a post in which I threw a little tannty (aka in Australian for tantrum) and then I get five comments all telling me not to go and to not feel bad or take it personal that I don't get comments. To be honest, I really don't take it personal. I just find it interesting that when I ask people to ask questions to find out things that they might not know about me, no one asks. But when I suddenly throw a little tannty everyone is worried and concerned. I'm very confused. However, I do want to say that a heartfelt thank you to those of you that left the comments after my little explosion as well as thank you to those that sent emails. I appreciate your support and concern.

I think that this whole blogging experience can be very difficult and sometimes way to personal. In some ways we feel as if we can write anything because we are shielded by thousands of miles of electronic cables and equipment which in reality protects who we are. We can tell people all sorts of things and the readers then have to take aboard what they read with the belief that what they have read is true. There have been cases and I'm sure there still are that entire blogs are complete lies and fairy tales. (I will tell you here and now mine is not one and I can provide references)

Now, for those people whose blogs are written from the truth it can sometimes be very painful as they sometimes write about things in their life that only a few know about and suddenly there it is for the whole world to see. You might say "Why did they write it?", and I can only assume that once again because there identity is seemingly safe they felt that they could finally unload parts of there life that they have bottled up and by writing about those things they shared it with millions. As it has been said that a problem shared is halved well can you imaging what it's like shared with millions. (you do the math).

What I'm trying to get at is I believe that bloggers (myself included) sometimes get all tangled up in their blogs. They worry about not writing everyday. They worry about not writing witty posts and of course there are those that worry that no one leaves comments. How can we change that? We can't and nor should we. Blogging is a matter of choices. We choose what we want to write about. We choose what pictures we want to share. We choose what headlines we want to add our two cents worth and discuss or promote. It's all about choices and what we want our blog to be about and not what other people want. I've always known this and I don't know why I popped a pupil when no one seemed interested in my life. I mean let's be real why should they? They don't know me next to Joe down the street. There is no physicality to the relationship/friendship hence it's difficult to make it real because we have actually never met, seen or touched. All we have is what that person (I've) has written. So from the writers (mine) perspective the best we (I) can do is write what we (I) want and when we (I) want. If anyone wants to read what we've (I've) written they can and if they don't that's okay because as I said it's all about the choices, and those choices are mine and I do for myself. Until next time take care and enjoy...

PS For those of you that do come along for the ride I appreciate your company.

5 comments:

A Lewis said...

I'm always along for the ride....every post, I read. But, in all honesty, I simply do not have time with the more than 100 blogs I read daily to respond to each one. It's that simple. I've got so little time....and I scan through most of the blogs I read. That's the honest truth. And, like you already said, you don't take it personally--and you shouldn't. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Howdy. Boy, I was startled by this post and had to go back and catch up. (I've been horrible about keeping up, what with trips to Europe and packing for the upcoming move to the U.S.) Anyway, I'm sorry I missed the chance to contribute to WUW. I'd have asked some probing questions! Hope you're well!

Ur-spo said...

Net was well said. I often feel the same way.
I always have to remind myself that I am writing primarily for myself and if anybody wants to read it is secondary.
But I would be dishonest if I said I didn't care for comments.

Steve and Warren said...

Maybe we are quiet, but we are here from time to time for a visit.

I hope we'll see and read many more posts from this blog ... we all cherish readers and those reader's comments.

We hope you hang around and write for many years to come.

:-)

Bigg said...

I'm last to the table (as usual) but I always enjoy what I read here. I gotta say, digital connection is still connection.