27 January 2006

Brokeback Mountain???

I went to see the movie last night. I think there must be something wrong with me but I was less than impressed. Don't get me wrong the cinematography was gorgeous. The acting was very good. But at the end of it all I just didn't feel for the characters. I expected to cry or get emotional and I didn't. This is a movie about love between two men who struggle against living life by way of what is supposed to "be normal" and they do so for years. I don't know maybe I'm just getting old and jaded but it just didn't move me. I know it is a ground breaking movie but it's not the first time we've seen two men kissing on screen. I don't think it deserves best picture and that's what I think. Please don't write comments that bag me. It's just my opinion, if you liked the movie and I know a lot of you did then good for you. End of story...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you for writing that. If one more person tells me how their life was changed dramatically by this movie I think I'm going to vom.