3 January 2007

The Roaring Forties...

Not this roaring forties, I'm talking about the ones associted with the fact that my one and only had his fortieth b-day yesterday and all in all it was a relatively smooth transition for him. He had been having a few issues in the weeks leading up to the day, but a couple of days before the event I had a good long talk with him and we sorted a lot of things out. Most people should be so lucky to be in his/our position; we own our home mortgage free as well as another property in Sydney (also mortgage free). Our car is also completely paid for and only one year old. James only has to work 3 days a week. We have no outstanding credit card debt. We have a bit of money in the bank for a rainy day. He is in perfect health (me so, so) and last but not least we have each other. (GRIN)

Now as I said, there aren't many people that can say the same thing when they hit that milestone of 40, but he can and he understands just how fortunate he is. He worked hard to get where he is but it was all worth the effort. All we have to do now is look forward to the future and the way I see it the future looks pretty darn good.

So Happy Birthday James. I love you!

1 comment:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Thanks for visiting and posting on my blog...

I just cruised through your's (I am getting ready for work here on the east coast of the US) and liked your style...

I am 51 and Jim (my love) is 39 and HIV+ (for 21 years)... I am sure the time will come where I can use some friendly advice...

Regards to you and your James, and happy 2007 to you both!

Tom