31 March 2009

Really flat...

I'm really flat lately. I'm sure it has something to do with not being able to find work. I've filled out over 60 applications. I have to do ten a fortnight so the government will pay me while I look. I think looking for work is more exhausting than actually working. I've only had two actual interviews from those 60 applications and I don't even want to tell you how many "thanks but no thanks" I've gotten.

One interview actually turned into two but I still didn't get the job. I'm kind of surprised at that one because I truly thought the interview went really well. The interviewer even said twice during the interview that she thought I was perfect for thier company. So what the hell happened? The other interview was a preliminary and the organisation is waiting to hear about their funding, which they were supposed to find out about this past week. I am hoping for a second interview as it would be a great job.

Anyway, all I can do is keep trying but it really gets me down and as I say I'm just really flat so life is really grayscale right now. I'll try to keep posting to keep you up to date and who knows maybe something will come up in between that I think you might want to know/see. I will definitely be doing Aprils 12 of 12 as I did enjoy that process but until then just be aware that the post won't be that exciting. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

Oh boy, those flat moments of our lives. I know them but, thankfully, not too well. I wish you success getting through this flat time of your life. See what you can do to embrace it...look it right in the face and ask what it is that you're suppose to be learning in this time.

Ur-spo said...

it is no fun to be rejected for work; it is so easy to take things personally.
I know something will eventually arise

if not, you can become my personal secretary. With thursdays off and no windows.

jps246 said...

Hang in there!