27 May 2007

Quiet is as quiet does...

Well it's been pretty darn quiet around here as of late. It's that time of year when we start slowing down because winter is on it's way. The trees have all but lost their bright fall coloured leaves. All of the flowers in the garden have gone to sleep. My biggest problem is trying to decide what to wear, because it's cold in the mornings but warmish by afternoon. Soon it will stay cold but until then can you imagine my dilemma.

Anyway, not much else going on here. I have been feeling a lot of aches and pains and have had a few strange maladies occurring within and on my body. I'm not sure if it's the change of weather, or if I'm just getting older, or if it may something a bit more sinister and related to the HIV. I have my blood work done this coming Friday so that will tell if all is well on the inside, or at least from a medication stand point. It may be just my body reacting to all of the medications I have had to start taking. Sometime, I feel like I am back to where I started. I had gotten my pills down to just three pills twice a day, all up six, but now I'm taking double that (12). I suppose it could be worse because I think at the height of my pill taking it was 21 so I guess 12 isn't so bad. It may just be me wanting to rant a bit and get the angst out of my system. We are going for a drive up the coast tomorrow to have lunch near the ocean, it will be good.

Oh and here is something new, ocasionally I'm going to do a word of the day and/or a quote of the day so today I'll do both to get it started.

Todays word is:

bon vivant \bon-vee-VONT\, noun:
A person with refined and sociable tastes, especially one who enjoys fine food and drink.

Todays quote:

"We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery."

H. G. Wells English author, historian, & utopian (1866 - 1946)

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

What a beautiful quote about the mystery of each moment. It was strange to hear of your cold mornings.....we're just gearing up for summer, as you know. Strange, those seasons.